A BETTER YOU AWAITS.
Cosmetic Center of Lake Norman is pleased to offer a broad list of services. Whether smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, breaking up cellulite, removing unwanted hair or treating unsightly veins, our staff is fully certified to administer every service in our offering.
If you're looking for a nonsurgical solution for fine lines and wrinkles, BOTOX® could be the answer. BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the brows. Administered by our certified RNs, it's a simple, nonsurgical treatment that works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows.
What to expect
The entire procedure takes approximately 10 minutes, and discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Prior to injection, your physician may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream. Most patients are in and out of the physician's office without downtime following BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment. The most common side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising. As with any treatment, please report any side effects that are bothersome or do not go away.
Patients generally see a marked improvement in just a few days, but lines will continue to improve for up to 30 days. Visible results have been known to last up to four months. Please remember that results are temporary and that your own results may vary. And contrary to popular belief, you will still be able to frown or look surprised! Results are certainly visible, but a BOTOX® treatment will not radically change your facial appearance or make you look as if you've "had work done."
|Ultra Plus XC||$550/syringe|
JUVéDERM® offers a nationally best-selling collection of treatments to volumize different areas of the face. These products work by safely and effectively replacing the skin's hyaluronic acid (HA) that has been lost by aging. JUVéDERM® helps the skin retain moisture and softness and, in doing so, adds volume. All treatments are formulated with lidocaine to minimize discomfort, and all are nonsurgical, which means an immediate return to normal activities. With JUVéDERM®, results are both natural looking and long lasting. Cosmetic Center of Lake Norman offers the following JUVéDERM® services:
- JUVéDERM® Ultra Plus XC. This smooth gel filler is used to smooth wrinkles around the mouth and nose. From smile lines to vertical lip lines, JUVéDERM® Ultra Plus XC can rejuvenate the skin and restore natural contours. Results are instant and last up to one yearâ€”with just one treatment. Plus, JUVéDERM® Ultra Plus XC injectable gel is the first FDA-approved HA dermal filler that has proven its safety and effectiveness in persons of color.
- JUVéDERM VOLUMA® XC. This injectable gel instantly adds volume to the cheek area to correct volume loss brought on by aging. It's the first and only filler FDA-approved to instantly volumize the cheek area, providing a subtle lift and restoring contour for a more youthful profile. Results are natural looking and can last up to two years.
- JUVéDERM VOLBELLA® XC. This FDA-approved injectable filler can help smooth away the appearance of aging lip wrinkles around the mouth (perioral lines) and add subtle volume to the lips. It works by replenishing lip volume with a viscous hyaluronic acid gel that allows for completely customizable results, depending on the patient's lip structure and desired results. JUVéDERM VOLBELLA® XC boosts volume, refines vertical creases (smoker's lines) and achieves symmetryâ€”all in a single treatment. Results are subtle and natural looking and typically last up to a year.
The latest, most advanced technology from Syneron Candela, GentleMax Pro® is a multi-wavelength device that offers safe, effective elimination of unwanted hair, results of aging, sun damage and other skin issues. Cosmetic Center of Lake Norman offers the following services using GentleMax Pro®:
- Laser Hair Removal. The GentleMax Pro® offers long lasting results with minimal discomfort. This laser produces highly focused, intense beams of light, specifically designed for hair removal. Hair follicles beneath the skin's surface absorb the light and convert it to heat, destroying the follicles and preventing hair growth. Treatments are fast—generally no more than half an hour. Six treatments are recommended for best results, and patients return to normal activities immediately. Common areas of treatment include the face, bikini line, legs, arms, back and abdomen. Men also experience excellent results on the neck, back, chest and abdomen.
› price varies
- Sun Spots - Hyperpigmentation. The GentleMax Pro® can rejuvenate skin on the hands, neck and chest. These laser treatments can remove brown spots that have resulted from sun damage, giving your skin a healthier, more youthful appearance. Treatments are quick, and patients resume regular activities immediately. Three treatments are recommended for optimal results.
› $50 for first spot, $5 each additional spot
- Photofacial. The GentleMax Pro® can reduce acne and pore size through photofacial. By stimulating collagen production, fine lines and wrinkles are reduced. Photofacials can safely be used on the face, neck and chest. A series of three to five treatments is recommended for optimal results.
› $125 per treatment
- Wrinkle reduction. The GentleMax Pro® can improve subtle signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles, or irregularities in texture. This laser treatment gets visible results with minimal discomfort and recovery. Skin will be softer, smoother and tighter after the surgery, and patients can return to normal activities the same day. Three treatments are recommended to achieve the best possible results.
- Diffuse Redness. The GentleMax Pro® laser can effectively help remove redness from the face by targeting the pigment that produces the redness. The result is a return to your normal skin color, as well as an increase in skin tone and tightening of the skin. These laser treatments are beneficial for patients with rosacea as well, especially when used in tandem with a physician-strength skincare regimen. Treatments are quick with minimal discomfort, and patients can resume regular activities immediately. Three treatments are recommended for optimal results.
› $125 per treatment
- Beard-Razor Bumps. The GentleMax Pro® can effectively treat razor bumps and ingrown hairs through laser therapy. A series of laser treatments reduces areas of hair growth, as well as the incidence of ingrown hairs.
SPIDER VEIN TREATMENTS
Cosmetic Center of Lake Norman offers two state-of-the-art treatment options for spider veins: laser treatment and sclerotherapy. Many times a combination of these treatments yields the best results; however, patients will meet with our certified practitioners to determine the best course of treatment.
- Laser Treatment. Laser treatment is performed using GentleMax Pro®. This laser is extremely effective because it allows for precise treatment of visible vessels, broken capillaries, spider veins and vascular lesions. The treatment can be tailored to each patient's skin condition and desired results with little to no discomfort.
- Sclerotherapy. Sclerotherapy involves injecting a liquid chemical into the spider vein, which causes the vein walls to swell, stick together and seal shut. The vein will begin to fade in a few weeks' time. Smaller spider veins generally take three to six weeks to lighten and/or disappear, while larger veins may take up to three or four months. Most patients can return to normal activity right after treatment, although compression stockings may be recommended to help with healing and decrease swelling. Some veins require more than one treatment to achieve the desired outcome. And while treated veins will not reappear, sclerotherapy will not prevent new veins from appearing; therefore, future treatments may be required
What to expect
A treatment is comprised of multiple small injections under the chin, lasting 15 to 20 minutes. The exact number of injections will depend on the amount of fat under the chin and your desired profile. Treatments are spaced at least a month apart with a maximum of six treatments. Redness, areas of hardness and pain are common after the procedure. Side effects are usually temporary and resolve on their own.
KYBELLA® destroys fat cells, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin. Once destroyed, these cells can no longer store or accumulate fat, so further treatment is not expected once the desired aesthetic goal is reached.
HydraFacial MD® is a multi-step treatment that cleanses, evenly exfoliates and extracts to remove impurities and dead skin cells while replenishing vital nutrients, including antioxidants, peptides and hyaluronic acid. Great for all skin types, this treatment is not only highly effective at improving overall skin health, but also remedying fine lines and wrinkles, elasticity and firmness, skin tone evenness and vibrancy, skin texture, hyperpigmentation/photo damage, oily/congested skin, enlarged pores and advanced signs of aging. The treatment is soothing, refreshing, non-irritating and immediately effective.
What to expect
HydraFacial MD® is a fast, efficient treatment that takes as little as 30 minutes. Clients may put on makeup and return to normal activities right after the treatment. One treatment per month is recommended for improving the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and oily and congested skin. Continued HydraFacial MD® treatments are highly recommended to maintain skin health.
HydraFacial MD® is able to dramatically improve hydration while helping to eliminate the appearance of fine lines, hyperpigmentation, oil & congestion and even creases in the nasolabial folds. Many clients report seeing visible skin refinement and an even, radiant skin tone after just one treatment. The smooth results and hydration may last five to seven days, or even longer.
SkinPen® is a nonsurgical cosmetic device that can help reduce signs of aging, improve the appearance of acne scars and stretch marks, and rejuvenate aging skin. Safe for all types of skin and all skin colors, SkinPen® is used for microneedling, a process that creates tiny skin punctures to jump-start the skin's self-repair process and improve the appearance of the skin. SkinPen® is safe for use on many parts of the body, including the face, neck, and décolleté.
What to expect
The procedure typically takes 30 minutes. Most SkinPen® users apply a topical anesthetic to the skin prior to the procedure, allowing for a relatively pain-free experience. Common side effects include slight swelling and redness/pinkness (like a mild sunburn) for two to four days, although some may heal completely in 24 hours. Patients typically can resume their normal makeup regimen two to three days following the procedure, depending on the area and type of procedure performed. A series of three procedures spaced about a month apart is usually recommended for optimal results. Your provider will develop a procedure plan specific to you and also a maintenance plan to help maintain the rejuvenating effects.
Patients may notice healthier looking skin immediately; however, the natural repair process of your own skin continues to progress over the course of several weeks. Damage that has occurred over an extensive period of time won't disappear immediately. You may not see the final result for up to three to six months following your final session.
We are proud to offer a variety of SkinMedica products for anti-aging and advanced skin care. You can purchase at our center, or click the link below to order any SkinMedica products online.
Products we offer:
- Lytera 2.0
- Retinol .25
- Retinol .50
- Retinol 1.0
- Total defense and Repair SP 34
- Total defense and Repair SP 34-tinted
- ESD Mineral Shield SP35
- ESD Mineral Shield SP 35-tinted
- Facial Cleanser
- Sensitive Skin Cleanser
- HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator
- Rejuvenative Toner
- Uplifting Eye Serum
- Ultra Sheer Moisturizer
- Rejuvenative Moisturizer
- AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser
- TNS Essential Serum
- Essential Defense Everyday—Clear